Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 21: One of Your Favorite Shows

I thought about writing about Scrubs for this, but a) I write about it all too often (and post clips to illustrate medical conditions, ha ha) and b) I've only seen it up through season 5.

So instead, let's take on one of my other favorites: Top Chef. I love all the Top Chef seasons, including Top Chef Masters and Top Chef: Just Desserts. It probably seems a little ridiculous that I'd like that show so much given that I'm vegan and would never make or eat 99% of the food that they do on it, even though they put the recipes online. Although they did have a vegan challenge episode where they had to cook for Zooey and Emily Deschanel!!! They must be some of the most adorable vegan sisters ever in life. Look at them!

and p.s. It was on Top Chef Masters and one of the "Master" chefs got sent home because his brilliant idea for dessert was to take rice milk ice cream and mix some strawberries into it. I mean, really? Sheesh. Here's a link to a blogpost by someone else with more info about that one:
Top Chef Masters: Vegan Challenge!

But even when I wouldn't eat what they're making, I love watching how they do it. I like the knife skills challenges, and am much faster at chopping my own veggies after seeing how the pros do it. I get lots of ideas from them about different dishes I could make or modify to make vegan. And I love seeing the really fancypants ones like Richard Blaze who uses liquid nitrogen on everything possible.

I also get a kick out of the judges, and I think Padma Lakshmi is so pretty it should be criminal. I think Anthony Bourdain is very funny, and I also watch his travel show and read his novels.

So yep, Top Chef. Watch it with me, buddies. It's almost the end of the Top Chef: All Stars season right now. Spike Mendelson went home a while ago, but I do have his burgers & milkshakes cookbook and I make things for Mr. Polly from it for holidays and I give him "A Spike Meal" coupon for a gift sometimes. So I've made several of Spike's burgers and shakes, and they've been a big hit so far.

Ugh, now I'm hungry. Time to go cook my last artichoke - that is seriously one of my favorite after-work meals. I loooooooooove artichokes!

No comments:

Post a Comment