Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 10: First Love and First Kiss.

I skipped this before, because it's all a little . . . icky? But after surviving 36 hours of vomiting, fever, and diarrhea, nothing seems icky anymore.

I didn't make the best choices about dating when I was younger. The only really good choice I made was to wait until I was 16 or 17 to start.

My first kiss was from an alcoholic high-school dropout. That didn't turn into a relationship, thankfully! Nice enough guy, but yikes.

Sidenote: Years later, he married a girl who I went to college with. When I was in college, I worked on the weekends at Denny's for a while. First Kiss Dude and his Fiancee came in together, which surprised the heck out of me because I didn't go to college in the same town I grew up in (same state, but a few hours away). I was so mortified that the only time I ever saw this guy again was when I was sweaty and in a Denny's uniform! Then they asked to be seated in the smoking section and I thought, "Oh, he hasn't changed, he hasn't even quit smoking" and didn't mind as much.
Side note #2: I think I still smoked at that time, so I don't know why I was so judgy about it. Oops.



My first love (first boyfriend I ever said "I love you" to, not first real, mature, lasting love) was inappropriately old for me. We dated during my senior year of high school. He was 28. I met him at a community college class I'd been sitting in on. Again, nice enough guy, but come on. No one normal and healthy that age wants to date a high schooler. I'm 28 now, and you'd have to threaten me with one-by-one finger amputations to get me to go on even one short date with a high-school boy. And if he were under 18, no way. Who does that?! Anyway, we broke up and I went away to college. Which is great! If I hadn't, I'd probably be a stay-at-home-mom with a cheating husband right now. No thanks! No child brides here.

2 comments:

  1. Some people never mature and he is probably still smoking and not in a hot way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found the blog randomly - made me laugh as we still both have the original template! I'm from London and my comedy may offend, if you'd like some Cockney culture from across the pond - check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete