Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 07: Zodiac Sign

My zodiac sign is Pisces. My birthday is March 18th, day after St. Patrick's Day.

According to the internet:
"Pisces are the most impressionable of the twelve zodiac signs. Deeply empathetic, they often exhibit a gentle, patient nature, but one that is in want of inspiration. Pisces can be deeply affected by and completely absorbed into their environment.

Pisces adapt well to their circumstances, both good and bad. They are generous, amiable, positive natured people with a deep sense of kindness and compassion. Pisces are highly tuned in to everything around them including the feelings of others.

Pisces are socially popular because of their easygoing and likable manner. They have an uncanny sense of perceiving what a person wants or needs, and delivering it. Pisces are reflexive, preferring to allow circumstances and events to unfold and, only then responding.

Pisces are not typical people. They are too idealistic and impractical for every day run of the mill living. Pisces are sensitive and instinctual rather than bookish or mechanical.

When Pisces find the right situations, they are capable of some incredible deeds. Pisces completely and wholly engage in a chosen path, to the exclusion of everything else. This obsessive compulsive energy can be healthy and not. Pisces can be workaholics (and other kind of -aholics too).

Main positive personality traits: Uncommon ability to instinctively respond to given situations; compassionate; understanding; artistic, sacrificing.


Main negative personality traits: Lazy, impractical, unrealistic, fearful, emotionally restrained, melancholy.

In the career department, Pisces are often better working for themselves than for someone else. Their innate sympathy equips them for careers in charity, catering to the needy, as a nurse, looking after the sick, or as a veterinarian, caring for animals."


Dude! It says I'm innately equipped to work as a nurse! I would have thought a strong interest in science and the ability to communicate well would have topped that list, but whatever. If my birthday gets me a compliment, woo-hoo to that.

The rest is pretty accurate. I'm not actually lazy but I have to fight with myself to get motivated so I'm not. I'm generally pretty compassionate and understanding.

So far the only way my special,magical, uncommon ability to understand others has benefitted me at work is that I can get urine samples from the ones that no one else can. Pretty impressive huh? Show me someone nonverbal and incontinent, and I'll intuit just the right time to sit them on the toilet outfitted with a hat to catch that urine. Antibiotics manufacturers should get together and send me a bouquet, because all the UTI's I help diagnose are then treated with antibiotics. I'm lining their pockets with infected urine. But not literally. That would smell terrible.

I'm also not as wishy-washy as this description sounds. I can be very firm when I need to, and push myself hard to accomplish things. Speaking of which, tomorrow is my first CNA class! I skimmed the reading, and it seems like it's basically all common sense plus things I do at work now. But I'll read it more thoroughly before I show up for class tomorrow. Because I'm a workaholic. School-aholic? Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment