Sunday, February 13, 2011

Ouch.

I caught the virus from work. I don't think there's anything less fun than losing your guts on the toilet while you vomit into a bowl on your lap. I knew it was bad, but I didn't know how awful it really feels; my poor old folks! I don't know how things are going over at work, but I missed class today because I can't stop puking. And I called the school and didn't hear back from them, so I'm paranoid now.

Plus side: I get a few days off work. And the last one, hopefully I'll be feeling better and just be staying away for that last 24 hours post-fever.

Lessons learned: if you buy orange-scented Lysol to hose your bathroom down after each episode (in an attempt not to pass this crap on to one's husband), don't also buy orange gatorade. Unless you want to vomit up orangey syrup in an overwhelmingly orange lysoled bathroom. I may never look at another orange again in my life.

Also: Pepto Bismol isn't strong enough to stop the virus from making you lose every single sip of water you take. But it IS strong enough to turn your tongue black in the process.

Now, back to ... you don't wanna know.

1 comment:

  1. Aww that's terrible, but I had to laugh about the orange lysol. I have that same scent, get better soon!

    ReplyDelete