Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 12: Bullet Your Whole Day

I'll leave some things out because really, you don't need to know every detail.

10:30am: woken up by Mr. Polly

10:30-1pm: breakfast, studying, dressed, tidied up, etc.

2pm-10pm: CNA class. Highlights included one girl bizarrely trying to cheat on a practice test and getting kicked out of the course. Lots of skills practicing, including peri-care on a mannequin, and brushing dentures. After doing foot care on a classmate, without thinking I grabbed him and sat him up on the edge of the bed, forgetting he's young and able-bodied. Oops. At least I didn't call him Pops. I also let him put his own shoes on. Sang along to Rihanna on the way home instead of listening to an educational podcast. Because I'm a rebel.

10:40pm: got home, danced around the kitchen and put an artichoke on the stovetop to steam. Pestered Mr. Polly while he tried to watch Breaking Bad on DVD. Left him alone finally so I could play games on facebook and update my blog. Will eat an artichoke, watch Smallville (we're on season 3 or 4 now!) and then get ready for bed. Will probably consider reading Jane Eyre before sleep, then get too tired and settle for an article in Good Housekeeping instead. Sorry, Bronte. Better luck next time.

PS I'm reading (or not reading) this edition:

It's illustrated by Dame Darcy, who does one of my favorite comics ever, Meat Cake

PPS If the comics references (Smallville, Dame Darcy, other stuff I'm sure I've said in other posts) didn't tip you off, here's the secret: the Small Business my husband and I co-own with a business partner is ... A COMIC BOOK STORE! Yep, really. Nope, I won't say which one on here. But if you're going to be in the PacNW and want to come see it, email me and I'll fill you in.

1 comment:

  1. Please tell me you were singing "What's My Name?" Because everytime Drake says "The square root of 69 is 8 something," I bust out laughing. lol

    ReplyDelete