Monday, August 29, 2011

Belated Day 10 - Sporty Spice

Day 10 - Do you play any sports?

I did so well on doing all the rest of these topics right on time, it's a bummer the last one can be answered in one word: nope.

I was the kid that always got smacked in the face with the volleyball in PE. I'm the adult who cannot toss keys to my husband without either winging them directly at his face or sending them four feet away from him. I just don't have that kind of coordination. Especially with any sort of throwing and catching. And those are kind of a sports mainstay.

The only sports I've ever played or liked were the ones that didn't work that way. In middle school, I did martial arts classes with my Dad. In high school, I ran track. I've always loved to swim, and started swimming laps and (almost never) going surfing as an adult. I still like to go running around the lake near my house. And do yoga. But I wouldn't call any of that playing a sport.

You know what sport I wish I could play? Football. I want to see what it's like to strap on all that padding and really, really tackle someone. I bet it's awesome. I think it would be really fun to go running around pretending to be Drew Brees and bragging about how quick I get the ball out of my hands when I'm in the pocket.

But in reality, I'm much more of a Marcia Brady than a Tom Brady.



No comments:

Post a Comment