Thursday, April 21, 2011

Project!


I think I've mentioned on my blog here before that I'm vegan - I have been for about 2 years. That means I do not eat animals (including fish or other sea creatures), milk/dairy, or eggs. When I first realized I needed to become vegan (when I found out about the horrible abuses on factory farms) I was PISSED. I didn't want to have to make all those changes, and I was afraid it was going to be really hard, and that I'd never eat out again, and that I would be deprived of good food. Turns out I was wrong, it's waaaaaaaaaaaay easier than I could have guessed, and I can eat out whenever I can afford to.

My Mom gave me an Amazon gift card for my birthday this year so I used it to buy a food processor and...

So exciting! I have and love Veganomicon, and I'm a big fan of cookbooks in general. Recently I've been trying to lose weight - we're playing The Biggest Loser at the GreatRep and the winner gets $3.50 per pound donated to their favorite charity in their name. So far I'm totally not winning. I've lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks. Shoot.

I've wanted a food processor for a while now since I love grated carrot salads and I have a bunch of raw food recipes that I've never tried to make because a blender really doesn't do everything a food processor does. But I got my big box of delights in the mail today, so look forward to some recipe reviews and hopefully I won't slice off any of my fingertips trying to learn how to use a food processor for the first time. When I nannied the family I worked for had one and I would look at that sumbitch and then just put it away in the cupboard because it was too intimidating.

Now I've got my own sumbitch and I'm gonna learn how to use it, too. And hopefully lose some more weight in the process. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Have fun with the processor and good luck with losing the weight.

    ReplyDelete