Monday, January 17, 2011

I could go on Survivor

You might think that Nursing Assistant skills don't come in handy in real life. After all, it's not like I'm in the supermarket and someone yells out "Help! My Granny is sundowning! Someone convince her to take her pills NOW! " or like I'm winning big prizes on a game show for my speed & skill in changing adult incontinence briefs.

BUT.

If you (like some bloggers) live in a house that was built in the 1800's & then divided up into apartments, you might know how much it sucks to be without hot water. For a few days. In January.

BUT. If you had spent countless hours bathing old folks as fast as possible, including sponge baths/bed baths, you would (like this blogger!) be able to wash your hair super fast to minimize iciness. And would have the common sense to bundle up in jeans and a sweater and shampoo while leaning over the tub.

Then after drying hair completely, you might just microwave some water & get the rest of the way clean in under 2 minutes flat.

I tell you what, if I ever get homeless I'll be the cleanest one around my trashcan fire. I'm resourceful, like frickin' Batman.

1 comment: