Friday, October 7, 2011

Israeli Couscous and finding my replacement

My current job of Med Aide at the GreatRep is officially open for applicants, and there's even a job description up in the break room for current employees to apply for it. I know who I want to get it, but the DON will make her own choice there. A lot of the CNA's have told me they want to apply for it, and will I put in a good word for them, but what I've said is that the DON isn't asking for my input. If they press me on it, I've been just saying "Well, how's your attendance? That's one of the most important things" because it is. I haven't missed a day of work in months, whereas a lot of the CNA's call out at least 2x/month. We even get a bonus if you make it through the whole month without missing a shift, and they STILL don't do it. Flaky people drive me nuts.

My background check, UA, and all that other good junk is complete for Father Sainty's, plus I'll go get my BLS card before work on Monday. Look out, people in need of lifesaving, I'll be ready to go on Monday. Just kidding, I don't look forward to having to do CPR and hope it doesn't come up. I'd be terrified of cracking someone's ribs.

Between all that and studying for my upcoming first exam for Chem 121, I've been a busy bee. I've been sticking to basics for cooking, so a lot of Israeli/Pearl couscous and tempeh. Tasty, and fast! I also finally got out the food processor and made more pizza dough this week, which is always fun. I like kneading and tossing and all that. I usually put spinach and olives on my pizzas, with nondairy cheeze if I have some, and without it if I don't. 'Cause I'm still vegan.

One of the teenage CNA's at work is borrowing my copy of "Skinny Bitch" aka the book that turned me vegan, so we'll see how she comes along with all that info. I felt badly, because I forgot that she is uber-wholesome and that book is full of bad language. She even brought her parents and grandparents in to tour our facility today because they wanted to see her workplace - adorable!

I bet you 50 cents she's soon an adorable vegetarian if she reads that whole book.

No comments:

Post a Comment